Non-surgical facelift- sculptra treatment
As we get older we tent to loss volume in different parts of the face and it really varies between individuals. Sculptra is a treatment that’s used to replace lost volume in the face. it’s a naturally occurring sugar which is formed in the laboratory, injected into the skin and actually works as a catalyst for you to form your own collagen. It’s not like dermal fillers where you’re inject a gel of hyaluronic acid, we’re injecting something to stimulate your own body to replace the collagen that has been lost. After the treatments done, to make sure that we’ve got the sculptra in exactly the right place, we massage the areas where we’ve treated just to make sure that its all nice and smooth. We tend to use a vitamin k cream which, actually, if you do get any bruising, reduces the amount of time the bruising lasts for by about 50%
Treatments: increase volume by stimulating the skin to produce new collagen.
Commonly treated areas: Upper, mid and lower face, décolletage and hands.
Recovery time: approximately 2 hours
What are face lifts used for?
Face lifts are generally used on the face and neck, and can treat:
- Fine lines under the eyes
- Fine lines around the mouth
- Wrinkles due to aging and over exposure to sunlight
- Appearance of some scarring on the skin
- Acne – only certain types, speak to a consultant for full details
- Some spots, freckles and dark patches
- And, it can improve the overall look and feel of facial skin